Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss, "Rose Sugar 3" and Long Wear Cream Shadow, "Velvet Plum 37"

It's been a while since I purchased any Bobbi Brown cosmetics and have been wanting to try her reformulated lip glosses and her long-wearing and much-raved about cream shadows.  

I never tried BB's lip glosses before now.  I was always a fan of her lipsticks and after reading so many good reviews on her lip glosses, I decided to try one in the shade, "Rose Sugar 3".  It is a very pretty soft rose with some shimmer.  

Sadly, I just could not bring myself to like this gloss.  The pigmentation is quite good however, it did not have very good lasting power (I know, what gloss does?)--I guess I should say it did not have the pigmentation and wear that I was looking for as my beloved Chanel Glossimers do.  

Also, I was not a big fan of the fragrance (kinda vanilla smell), but not as nice as the MAC Lip Glass glosses.  So, with that said, and being that you don't really get much gloss in the tube for the price; this one had to go back. 

Now, onto the BB Long-Wear Cream Shadow.  I purchased the shade, "Velvet Plum 37"; and I've had my eye on this one for some time now.  I read a lot of mixed review that you should apply this cream shadow with a brush for best application, which I did try.  However, I have found that I prefer to use my finger instead of a brush.  I feel using my finger to apply this cream shadow gives me a better application and finished look.  On the downside, I do wish the opening of the jar was larger (like EL Stay-In-Place shadowcreme) to use a bit easier with your finger.  However, there is just enough room to get enough product onto your finger.

The color is a gorgeous deep-plum with golden-bronzy shimmer.  It applies quite sheer, which I don't mind; however, if you want to intensify the look, you better work fast before it dries and sets.

As far as the long-wearing, I beg to differ.  Maybe it's just my oily eye lids, because this cream shadow did not last very long--only about 4 to 5 hours before it started to fade and crease.  I was quite disappointed with that.  A lot of ladies have said how wonderfully long-wearing these BB cream shadows are; so I tried again and used my UD Primer Potion first, and that seemed to do the trick.  By late last night, it was still on, no fading and no creasing!   
I do like this cream shadow and will keep it because I love the color and finish; however, I have to say I like Estee Lauder's Shadow Cremes better because I can wear them on their own without a primer and they last all day; and the jar is a lot easier to get your finger into if you prefer not to use a brush.  

Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss, "Rose Sugar 3" and Long Wear Cream Shadow, "Velvet Plum 37"

Me, wearing Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss, "Rose Sugar 3" and BB LW CS, "Velvet Plum 37"

Me, wearing Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss, "Rose Sugar 3" and BB LW CS, "Velvet Plum 37"




Top:  Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss "Rose Sugar 3" and Long Wear Cream Shadow "Velvet Plum 37", bottom  (with flash)

L to R: Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss "Rose Sugar 3" and Long Wear Cream Shadow "Velvet Plum 37" (no flash)

Comments

Popular Posts