Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup

I read so many positive reviews on the Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup that I decided to give it a try.  I never part with my Laura Mercier mineral powder makeup however, I always enjoy investigating to see if there is something better out there.  What can I say?  Women need choices, LOL.

I like the idea that this powder is freshly grated with each application, so there is no waste and no mess.

I went to the Clinique counter and after a few swatches, it looked like "Natural 4" was my shade.  It was very close to my Laura Mercier mineral powder in "Classic Beige".  I actually thought I would be like a 5 or 6, but the 5 natural was too peachy for my medium skintone and the 6 natural was WAY too dark.  The sales associate agreed that the natural 4 would be my shade because it has a "yellow" base, which would work good with my skintone and covering up any redness in my skin.  I always tend to go towards a yellow base because a lot of beige's have too much pink in them.

Well, my first application was "so-so".  I used the recommended amount to cover the entire face and the powder just goes on too light for my tastes.  Keep in mind that this makeup gives light to medium coverage, and it's a "mineral-enriched" formula.  I tried adding another layer, but I really did not see much improvement.  It did not give me the same flawless coverage as my Laura Mercier mineral makeup.  I used my kabuki brush to apply the powder and another thing I did not care for was how dusty it applies; more powder was flying away than was going on my face, it seemed.  Needless to say, my excitement quickly diminished with this powder.  Back it went to the Macy's Clinique counter.

It was another interesting experiment for me with mineral powders however, I will stay with my Laura Mercier mineral powder, which I love so much.  I was a fool to think I could find anything better.  

These are my own views from my own experience and the best suggestion I have is to go to the Clinique counter and check it out for yourself.  A lot of woman rave about this powder and they love it however, it just did not work for "me".  I would say this powder would be great to use as a finishing powder over a liquid foundation.

On a final note; I just wanted to add that the sales associate that assisted me did not seem to know very much about the Superbalanced makeup; she matched the liquid foundation to use with the powder and the color was wrong.  Clinique describes on the box "which" shade compliments the liquid formula, just so you know.  My SA was quite pushy (but polite), and was trying to sell me more products (I know, it's their job), but I had to put my foot down, LOL :-)

Comments

Popular Posts