Givenchy Le Rouge "201 Rose Taffetas"

Givenchy Le Rouge "201 Rose Taffetas" -- I recently did another review on "Rose Dentelle", which sadly did not work out for me; the color was too dark, so I decided to trade it in for another color; "201 Rose Taffetas", which did not work out for me either.

Like I mentioned on my previous post, I just could not find the right color in this formula.  Neither of these shades looked right on my skintone.  Rose Taffetas looks too orange and bright.  All of the rose shades seem to have an orange/coral cast to them that I don't particularly care for.

I love the semi-matte formula, so I am hoping that Givenchy will come out with more neutral/rose/pink shades in the future.  You win some, you lose some. Oh well.


Givenchy Le Rouge "201 Rose Taffetas" -- With flash...You can see how coral/orange it looks on me, meh!! 
Givenchy Le Rouge "201 Rose Taffetas" -- Now, here without flash it looks totally different; more of a deeper-rose however, in person it does not look that way.  I know, kinda weird.  Also, make sure you have smooth/exfoliated lips before wearing this lipstick (obviously, I did not do that here), LOL ;)

Comments

Popular Posts