Dior Diorskin Nude Makeup #031 Sand


I have been experimenting with new foundations lately.  I tend to not wear liquid foundations and have been a long-time fan of Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder; however, these lightweight foundations have been increasingly popular lately and as a woman in her mid-40's, I've been noticing changes in my skin.  

I recently swatched a few shades at my local Dior counter and was intrigued by the Diorskin Nude makeup.  The shade, "031- Sand" looked like a good match for me, so I asked the kind SA for a sample.  It is a medium beige with yellow undertones.  


I have been wearing this for a couple of weeks now and I must say, I really do like this foundation.  Now, we are in the middle of winter, so I'm not sure how this will hold-up during the hot and humid summer.

I love the consistency of this foundation -- it's very creamy, but not thick.  I apply this foundation with my Sonia Kashuk liquid foundation brush and it applies so beautifully.  Just be careful not to apply too much, because at the end of the day, it will appear a cakey mess!  I just dust a finishing powder over, (whichever one I am currently using).  I do have to touch-up after a couple of hours to keep the shine down.

I really am enjoying this foundation.  I really don't need another foundation right now, so I'm just going to use up the sample that I have and contemplate buying it later.  Of course, the new Dior Air Nude just came out and I haven't sampled that one yet!  The Dior Air Nude is a lightweight "serum" foundation; there is also a Dior Air Powder Compact, for those ladies who like to set their makeup with powder and to carry for touch-ups.   

Comments

Popular Posts