NexGen Nails

NexGen Nails --  Color pictured here is "110" -- A soft, pale pink.

My Nail Tech has been trying to sell me on this new nail application.  I have been getting UV Liquid Gel Nails (overlay on natural nails) for over a year and have been very happy with them; however, my Nail Tech was telling me how great the NexGen Nails are.

What it is and how it works:  The Nail Tech applies a bonding liquid over your natural nails, then dips your nails into a colored powder of your choice, usually 2 or 3 dips, then buffs and files the nails, then applies a finishing top coat, and your done!  The dry time is very short and you don't have to worry about messing up your nail polish.  I have had mine for 2-weeks now, and so far they are holding up very well -- no chips.

I was skeptical at first because I love how the UV Liquid Gel overlay is so natural looking -- I didn't want my nails to look fake.  The only thing I don't like about NexGen, is that if you want to change your color on your next nail appointment, they have to soak your nail and remove the layer of NexGen color.  With acrylic or UV Liquid Gel, you don't need to do that.  So, it's an extra step.  Another thing that kinda annoyed me was the price.

NexGen nails are slightly higher than UV Liquid Gel, which I don't understand why, because the Nail Tech is actually doing "less" work (less labor-intensive).  The other thing that bothered me was on my right hand, the finish didn't look as good and I'm not sure if the Nail Tech did a "rush job", or did not finish or apply the final coat well enough, because there were some tiny "bumps" after he applied the top coat.  I pointed this out to him, and he didn't seem to think it was a big deal.  Well, "I" am the one paying for the service!

I dunno if I'm going to stay with NexGen nails.....I'm still on the fence about it

Nex Gen Nails -- in sunlight

Comments

Popular Posts