MAC Prep + Prime Pressed Finishing Powder

I purchased the MAC Prep + Prime Pressed Finishing Powder a couple of months ago and decided to do another review and update on how it's working for me thus far, especially now that we are right in the peak of summer season.  

I am quite pleased with this powder and it is great for a finishing powder.  I like the fact that it is transparent, so it won't interfere with your makeup.  I use a very small amount on my powder brush, since this is the pressed version.  
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder/Pressed

Swatch:  MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder/Pressed--You can see this powder has a very sheer consistency and is barely noticeable on the skin.
As far as keeping the shine down on my oily/combo skin, it works pretty well, but I do have to touch-up after about 2-hours or so, to keep the shine down.  I would not say that this powder makes your skin totally "matte", so if you are looking for a totally "matte" look, then this product may disappoint.  

All-in-all, I am very happy with this purchase and I could see myself re-purchasing this item.

I have posted "before" and "after" pictures so you can see how it cuts down the shine and gives a very natural finish.  

This photo was taken BEFORE I used the MAC Prep + Prime pressed powder.  You can see how shiny my face was.  This photo was taken outside in natural sunlight and it was a very hot and humid day.
And this is AFTER using MAC Prep + Prime Pressed Finishing Powder.  You can really see the difference and how it has eliminated most of the shine, but not totally matte.  I really like the finish; it's very natural-looking.

Comments

Popular Posts