Comparison: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation vs Shiseido Sheer & Perfect Foundation

Sample of Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation in BR 52 (beige-rose shade).

I wanted to try a sample of this foundation and the Chanel Consultant said BR52 would be a good match for me.  Now, I was a bit hesitant because I never wear any foundation that has "rose" in it -- I usually stick with a yellow-based foundation, but she assured me this shade would work for me.  Keep in mind I still have color from being in the sun this summer and I do live in South Florida, so it's still warm here even though we are going in to November.

Anywho....I used this sample for a couple of days and I really love how it applies and blends so effortlessly.  I love how it gives a luminous finish to the skin.  Now, I usually stay FAR away from liquid foundations because I have oily/combination skin and I live in South Florida, but I was willing to give this a try as this is a good foundation in the warm months as it is water-based and gives a sheer coverage.  Don't let the sheer coverage fool you because this foundation is buildable and covered all my imperfections and redness very well and I was pleasantly surprised.

Finally, I am very impressed with this foundation and I would purchase it, even though it is quite pricey, but I think I would pick a beige shade instead.  Also, this does have a nice light rose fragrance, which I just love about Chanel.  Some people may be bothered by that, but I happen to like it.


The Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation applies like a dream and makes the skin look so luminous!  The formula is sheer however it is quite buildable and gives a smooth finish.


Sample: Shiseido Sheer & Perfect Foundation in shade O60 (ochre shade)


Shiseido Sheer & Perfect Foundation -- I like how this foundation applied however, it did feel "heavier" on my skin and did not look as luminous and control shine as well as the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.  Choosing a shade was quite difficult.  I went with an Ochre shade, which is yellow-based.  The Ivory shades were too light and the beige shades seemed too pink for my skin.

Comments

Popular Posts