Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick, "Boise de Rose" (lasting creme)

I recently rediscovered Estee Lauder's Pure Color Lipsticks.  I had tried them a few years back when this formula was first introduced and I was not very impressed.  I think I may have chose the wrong color or something.  Then again, I was younger and my tastes have changed since then.  When I found out that EL had changed their formula, I decided to give it another try; and I am so glad I did!!

I went with "Boise de Rose", which is a neutral, medium-rose color.  The Pure Color lipsticks come in two formulas; lasting creme and lasting shimmer.  I wanted to get "Boise de Rose" in the "shimmer" formula because I had seen swatches of it online and really loved the color, however, I searched high and low in my local department stores and online to no avail :(  I have a hunch that EL has discontinued the "shimmer" formula, so with that, I had to go with the creme.

I really like these lippy's; they are very creamy, moisturizing and long-wearing.  As it turns out, I had to take this one back because the more I looked at it and thought it over, it was too bold and too reddish for me to wear as my "go-to" lippy.  It looks quite bold when you first apply it, but then after 3 to 4 hours, it leaves a nice stain on your lips and looks more like a lighter pinkish-red color.  It is a beautiful shade nonetheless and it is one of EL's popular sellers.  I think it would be best-suited for a woman with dark hair and olive complexion.

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick, "Boise de Rose" (lasting creme)

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick, "Boise de Rose" (lasting creme)


Comments

Popular Posts