Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick, "Boise de Rose" (lasting creme)

I recently rediscovered Estee Lauder's Pure Color Lipsticks.  I had tried them a few years back when this formula was first introduced and I was not very impressed.  I think I may have chose the wrong color or something.  Then again, I was younger and my tastes have changed since then.  When I found out that EL had changed their formula, I decided to give it another try; and I am so glad I did!!

I went with "Boise de Rose", which is a neutral, medium-rose color.  The Pure Color lipsticks come in two formulas; lasting creme and lasting shimmer.  I wanted to get "Boise de Rose" in the "shimmer" formula because I had seen swatches of it online and really loved the color, however, I searched high and low in my local department stores and online to no avail :(  I have a hunch that EL has discontinued the "shimmer" formula, so with that, I had to go with the creme.

I really like these lippy's; they are very creamy, moisturizing and long-wearing.  As it turns out, I had to take this one back because the more I looked at it and thought it over, it was too bold and too reddish for me to wear as my "go-to" lippy.  It looks quite bold when you first apply it, but then after 3 to 4 hours, it leaves a nice stain on your lips and looks more like a lighter pinkish-red color.  It is a beautiful shade nonetheless and it is one of EL's popular sellers.  I think it would be best-suited for a woman with dark hair and olive complexion.

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick, "Boise de Rose" (lasting creme)

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick, "Boise de Rose" (lasting creme)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Lip Liners, Pink, Tawny & Tearose

BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme & Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation in "Noisette"