Maybelline Super Stay 14-Hour Lipstick: "Keep Me Coral" & "Pout On Pink"

I  had already tried L'Oreal's Infallible Le Rouge lip color and when I noticed that Maybelline came out with a similar lipstick, I had to try it out.

These are strikingly similar to L'Oreal's Infallible lippy's, other than L'Oreal's formula is "fragrance-free" and Maybelline's is not and has a very strong "fruity" smell.  I have to say it does remind me a lot of the L'Oreal Infallible lip gloss; the fragrance is identical...hmmm.  Well, Maybelline is owned by L'Oreal, so that makes sense.

I first tried the shade "Keep Me Coral", which is classified in the "red" family and the "Pout On Pink" is in the "pink/rose" family.  The "Keep me Coral" shade is very pretty and I would probably wear this shade more in the summer.  On the other hand, "Pout On Pink" is a very soft-warm-pink that is more wearable.  

Every time I would stop in my local Walgreen's or CVS, I would always check-out their stock because I have not found one retailer that actually carries the full color range--so frustrating!  I noticed that Target had more selection and their price was lower too:)  Yes, I could order online, however, it is so hard to judge a color by the computer screen.  

I am pleased with this lippy, just as I am with the L'Oreal version.  The fragrance is a bit strong at first, so just to give you fair warning.  I do prefer L'Oreal Infallible, because it does not have any strong scent.

The Maybelline Super Stay 14-Hour lipstick is worth a try.  It is long wearing.  I don't wear any lipstick for 14-hours, however, after about 4-hours I still had color on my lips and what else is nice about these lippy's is that you can go without a lip liner and you won't have to worry about the lipstick bleeding or smearing.  A big plus, for me!
L to R: Maybelline Super Stay 14-Hour Lipstick: "Keep Me Coral" & "Pout On Pink"

L to R:  Keep Me Coral & Pout On Pink (with flash)

   
Maybelline Super Stay 14-Hour Lipstick: "Pout on Pink"

Me, wearing "Pout on Pink"




Comments

Popular Posts