Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick, "Sugar Honey" (lasting shimmer)

If you have already read my previous reviews on Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipsticks, then I won't repeat myself, LOL


I was looking for a warm, bronzy-rose lippy and I originally was thinking of the shade "Sunstone", because it is a deep-bronze-rose, however, when I swatched it at my local EL counter, OMG!  It was WAY too coppery-red for me!  


I also had my eye on the "Sugar Honey", which looked quite lovely.  It is more subdued and is described as a medium rosy-brown.  This is a more wearable color than the "Sunstone", imho.  


I am love, love, LOVING this shade!!  It's such a gorgeous shade and the pictures do not do it justice.  It is a beautify warm rose with shimmer.  The shimmer gives a nice glow to the lips; not frosty at all.  

I wore it yesterday with my EL Double Wear Lip Liner in "Tearose", which looks amazing.  I also tried it with the "Tawny" lip pencil, which I think is a better choice for every day wear.  The "Tearose" has more of a deep-mauve shade and is more intense, however, I think it looks great for evening wear; it really makes the color pop!  I'm going to experiment with some of my other "rose" lip pencils :)

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick, "Sugar Honey" (lasting shimmer)
Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick, "Sugar Honey" (lasting shimmer)  - natural lighting (no flash).  I am wearing Smashbox Nude Lip Liner in "Medium"
Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick, "Sugar Honey" (lasting shimmer) - with flash
without flash



Me, wearing ELPC LS: "Sugar Honey" with PC Lip Liner: "Tearose"



Comments

Popular Posts