Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine Lipstick in "130 Innocent"

When Estee Lauder launched their Pure Color Envy lipsticks, I honestly have to say, I wasn't a huge fan of them.  While some of the colors were quite beautiful, I really didn't see a color that really stood-out for me, or anything that I needed to have in my collection.  I also was not very fond of the formula; it's quite pigmented, but a bit too 'creamy' for my tastes and the lipstick tube gets quite messy.

With that said, when EL launched the Pure Color Envy "Shine" -- I thought it would be another disappointment for me.....boy, how I was wrong!  I absolutely fell in love with the Pure Color Envy Shines!  They are creamy, pigmented and "shiny", but not so 'over-the-top' shiny, where the color disappears on your lips or slides off....this formula is hydrating, yet the color lasts and lasts!  I have to say, next to the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines, this is my next favorite!

Now, choosing a color was the hardest part.  I actually ended up with a color that I originally thought I would not like.  I chose "130 - Innocent", which is a soft, peachy-nude.  There is a broad range of colors to choose from, but I thought there were too many "pinks".  I would have liked to see more rosy-neutrals....every day wearable colors. These have a slight scent, almost "vanilla", if you will, but hardly noticeable.   

The packaging is super-luxe!  I love the lipstick case, with the magnetic "click" closure -- feels very high-end.  The case is a deep, metallic blue with the gold EL name on the top of the case and on the tube itself -- SO pretty!

I want to note that on Estee Lauder's website, a lot of the colors appear to have "shimmer" in them -- they do NOT.  These are "cream" formula's, so keep that in mind.  It's best to go to a EL counter and check them out first before you buy online.

Now, the pics!  Enjoy!




Comments

Popular Posts