Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine Lipstick in "130 Innocent"

When Estee Lauder launched their Pure Color Envy lipsticks, I honestly have to say, I wasn't a huge fan of them.  While some of the colors were quite beautiful, I really didn't see a color that really stood-out for me, or anything that I needed to have in my collection.  I also was not very fond of the formula; it's quite pigmented, but a bit too 'creamy' for my tastes and the lipstick tube gets quite messy.

With that said, when EL launched the Pure Color Envy "Shine" -- I thought it would be another disappointment for me.....boy, how I was wrong!  I absolutely fell in love with the Pure Color Envy Shines!  They are creamy, pigmented and "shiny", but not so 'over-the-top' shiny, where the color disappears on your lips or slides off....this formula is hydrating, yet the color lasts and lasts!  I have to say, next to the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines, this is my next favorite!

Now, choosing a color was the hardest part.  I actually ended up with a color that I originally thought I would not like.  I chose "130 - Innocent", which is a soft, peachy-nude.  There is a broad range of colors to choose from, but I thought there were too many "pinks".  I would have liked to see more rosy-neutrals....every day wearable colors. These have a slight scent, almost "vanilla", if you will, but hardly noticeable.   

The packaging is super-luxe!  I love the lipstick case, with the magnetic "click" closure -- feels very high-end.  The case is a deep, metallic blue with the gold EL name on the top of the case and on the tube itself -- SO pretty!

I want to note that on Estee Lauder's website, a lot of the colors appear to have "shimmer" in them -- they do NOT.  These are "cream" formula's, so keep that in mind.  It's best to go to a EL counter and check them out first before you buy online.

Now, the pics!  Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Lip Liners, Pink, Tawny & Tearose

BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme & Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation in "Noisette"