Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor -- "#124 Haute Nude" (cream)

One of my favorite nude lips is the Lancome Color Design Lipcolor in shade #124, "Haute Nude" (new for Spring, 2015).  
I recently saw this on display at Nordstrom (Spring, 2015) and when I swatched it....it was love at first sight!  I knew, right then and there that this is the nude I've been searching for.  Now, do I really need another "Nudey-Beigey" Lipstick? 
Hmmm.......No!  LOL

This is the perfect shade of nude for my medium-toned lips.  It's not one of those "washed-out" nudes; this is more of a "my lips, but better" kinda color!  

While it states this is a 'cream' formula, you will notice some very teenie-tiny flecks of shimmer, but it is undetectable on the lips!  It gives my lips a luminous glow, that I absolutely love!  I pair this with my Chanel "nude" lip pencil or Elizabeth Arden lip pencil in "sugared kiss", which gives the color a whole new dimension -- more of a "rose" neutral lip -- I just love it!  Looks great without any lip liner as well!!

This formula is long-wearing!  It stayed on my lips for several hours, and did not feel drying at all.  

I also love that the Color Design Lipsticks do not have any fragrance.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love the scent of the Rouge Absolue lippies!  

My only negative/downside is the packaging -- the lipstick tube is just devine; however, it is a bit confusing when you want to open the case because the end where the label is is actually the "top" of the lipstick, and the other end has a "jewel" thingy, if you will, so you can't stand this lipstick upright...well, you can, but it's top-heavy, so it will fall over very easily (see pic below).  It's not really a big deal, but I don't understand the design -- maybe Lancome just wanted to make it unique, and indeed they have!  

The only other thing I want to mention about the Color Design lipstick, is that they have several different formulas; cream, shimmer, metallic, and sheer......so, please be careful and make sure you know which formula you are getting.  I happen to really love the cream formula.

Okay, onto the pics!




Me, wearing Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor in shade "124, Haute Nude" 
Close-Up:  Lancome Color Design Lipcolor in "124 Haute Nude" -- This is my absolute favorite nude lipstick to-date!
 Interesting design


Comments

Popular Posts