Hourglass Cosmetics: Femme Rouge "Whisper"; Femme Nude "Nude No 5"; Ambient Lighting Powder "Dim Light"

Hourglass Cosmetics: Femme Rouge "Whisper"; Femme Nude "Nude No 5"; Ambient Lighting Powder "Dim Light" -- I am new to Hourglass Cosmetics and recently picked up these beauties at Sephora.  I have heard a lot of good things about Hourglass Cosmetics, so I was eager to see what all the hoopla was about!  Now, I did not purchase these items all at once, of course.  My budget does not allow that, LOL.

I will start with the Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick "Whisper", which I thought would be a good neutral color to try to introduce myself to this cosmetic brand.  I must say, the packaging is exquisite.  The lipstick case is made of high-quality metal, with the "Hourglass" logo on both the case and the lipstick bullet, which is so pretty!

While the color, "Whisper" is a very nice neutral, I was not a huge fan of this formula.  While the formula states that it is a "velvet creme", it's more of a sheer lipstick, in my opinion.  Now, maybe different shades have a different feel and consistency, I'm not sure.  I also did not care for the scent and it has a weird taste that I just can't get used to.  I wish I had kept my receipt (which I usually do), because I would have brought it back and exchanged it for something else, but oh well.

On a positive note, I DO LOVE the Femme Nude, which I have reviewed below.
Hourglass Cosmetics: Femme Rouge "Whisper" Velvet Creme Lipstick
Hourglass Cosmetics: Ambient Lighting Powder "Dim Light"  -- I have heard all the rave about these Ambient Powder and had my eye on the "Dim Light", which is supposed to give your skin an all-over balance and blur any imperfections.  The "Dim Light" has the least amount of shimmer.  I also have my eye on "Radiant Light".  I really love this powder and think it was well-worth the $45 USD price tag!

I love the packaging -- the metal compact is just beautiful and I love how easy it is to open.  Those designers really thought of our manicures when they made this one!  For the powder itself; the powder is GORGEOUS and finely-milled.  There is no fragrance, which I love and it's made in Italy.

I love this powder and I'm very happy I finally got one!  I use this powder over my foundation.  This powder does not really control oil, so I have to apply often.  I did not notice any cakeyness with this powder, and it gives a very natural finish.  I did not purchase the Hourglass brush that was made for use with this powder because I have so many brushes as it is, and did not want to spend the extra money.  I would rather buy a new lipstick instead, LOL.

I am a bit late in reviewing this Ambient Powder, so in case you don't already know, there are six different shades available:


ETHEREAL LIGHT is an opalescent sheer, cool white powder that mimics a moonlit glow – even in broad daylight

DIFFUSED LIGHT is a soft, warm, pale yellow powder that conceals redness and gives skin clarity – like a soft ray of morning light

DIM LIGHT is a neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm


 
MOOD LIGHT is a soft, sheer lavender pink powder that mimics the softest most forgiving light and reveals your brightest complexion

LUMINOUS LIGHT is a champagne pearl powder that creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow – day or night 


RADIANT LIGHT is a sun-kissed golden beige powder that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and also extends a summer glow 








Hourglass Cosmetics:  Me, wearing Femme Nude "Nude No 5" -- I really love this shade and the formula!  I love everything about this lipstick; the packaging, the color and the formula!  I wish they would come out with more colors, because I would purchase them!  Nude No 5 is a gorgeous peachy-nude with a soft shimmer.  The formula is a matte finish, but not drying and the color lasts for hours.  I love how this feels on my lips!  NOTE:  This is a "twist-up" lipstick (you do not sharpen).  -- Love that!!

Hourglass Cosmetics:  Femme Nude "Nude No 5"

Hourglass Cosmetics:  Femme Nude "Nude No 5"


Comments

Popular Posts