Mini Haul: NARS "Beautiful Liar", MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Natural "N10", Victoria's Secret "Dedication", VS Lip Liner in "Rich Plum" & MAC Prep & Prime Pressed

I recently stopped at my local Sephora with my "wish list".  I was looking for NARS lipstick in "Venice", which they did not have in stock; however, they had another shade that caught my eye.  It's called "Beautiful Liar"--it was the last tube they had, so I took a chance on it.  I didn't walk out with what I had planned on, but oh well--that's just how it goes sometimes. 

NARS describes this shade as a spicy coral.  I would say it is a deeper coral because its very warm and bronzy and has a nice shimmer to it.  I think this is the "sheer" formula, which I happen to like very much.  Me lovey.

Next, is the MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Natural Lipstick in "N10", which is a warm, copper-pink color that I just love!  This formula is fabulous!  It is so creamy and pigmented--makes your lips feel soft and moisturized.

I popped into Victoria's Secret because they were having their semi-annual sales event.  I never purchased any of their cosmetics before but after a few swatches of their "Perfect Lipstick", they seemed really nice and creamy.  The shade "Dedication" I would say is like a medium plum color with a slight frost--nothing glittery.  It is a pretty shade and the color lasted a good four hours or so, and my lips felt very moisturized while wearing this lippy.

The packaging is very nice and looks very high-end.  The case is nice and compact, which I love because you can carry it in a small clutch and it won't take up much space.

While at the VS cosmetic counter, I also picked-up the Victoria's Secret Lip Liner in "Rich Plum".  I don't know how well these lip liners hold up, but they are made in Germany, so the quality is most-likely very good.

Last, I got the MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Powder pressed.  I was kinda on the fence with this powder, but read mostly positive reviews about it.  They came out with the pressed version last year and it has become quite popular among MAC fans.  I found this powder to be very lightweight and it helped keep the shine down.  It's a very handy compact to have in your purse for on-the-go touch-ups throughout the day.  I will have to use it for awhile then give an update on how it is working for me.  UPDATE 6/20/12:  So far, I am pleased with this finishing powder.  I just use a light dusting with a powder brush and my complexion stays "matte" for several hours.  I have found that you don't need to apply very much to get a nice finish, so this powder will last and last!!...  Now, we still have the steamy months of July and August to deal with, so I will see how it holds up!

On the packaging;  a lot of people have commented on how it does not come with a powder-puff, which kinda surprises me too.  I did read that it was designed to be used with a powder brush, which is what I use anyhow.  The compact itself is kinda nice; it has a glossy/metallic finish, instead of the standard matte finish that MAC uses for it's compacts.  One thing that I will critique on is that personally, I think that MAC should have made this compact smaller, since there is no puff included--it just seems like a waste of space.   

Okay now...whew!... here are the pics and swatches of what I got:


L to R:  NARS Lipstick "Beautiful Liar", MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Natural "N10", & Victoria's Secret Perfect Lipstick "Dedication"


Make Up Forever Rouge Artists Intense Natural Lipstick "N10"

NARS Lipstick "Beautiful Liar" (sheer)

Victoria's Secret Perfect Lipstick "Dedication"


MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (pressed)--sorry the pic is blurred

Victoria's Secret Lip Liner "Rich Plum"



Comments

Popular Posts