Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder "06 Transparent"

Every woman is always on the quest for that perfect powder compact;  A powder that gives a seamless natural coverage, with no heavy build-up and one that will control shine and is long-wearing.

The Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder fits the bill for my oily/combo skin.  The powder is very smooth and really holds down the shine.  

I really like the packaging.  The compact itself is very sleek and the "EL" signature logo is very chic.  Some people have complained that the compact is too big.  I happen to love the large size and the large mirror--makes it so easy for touch-ups, and it looks so elegant as well.  It is also very easy to open and it is slim, so it fits neatly into my handbag.

I'm not sure if this has SPF in it, but I don't think it is labeled with an SPF.  I really like this powder; however, after taking some photo's over this past Christmas holiday, I noticed that my face looked very pale and ghostly!  Oh no....could it be the EL Double Matte Powder I used?  I think so.  

I chose the "06 Transparent" shade, which is supposed to be just that, "transparent", but it seems to leave a white cast to my face and kinda blurred-out all of my make-up.  Perhaps I applied too much before picture time?  I dunno.  I used my retractable kabuki brush and perhaps I should try just using a powder puff and blot it on instead.  I'm not sure if this powder is "photo-friendly".


Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder "06 Transparent"

Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder "06 Transparent"--the color appears more like a beige which I think was due to the overhead lighting


Swatch of Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder "06 Transparent"--you can see the shade is more neutral/transparent, close-up

Comments

Popular Posts