L'Oreal Colour Caresse by Colour Riche Lipcolor: "Rose Taffeta" #174

I was shopping at Target recently and saw some new lippy's from L'Oreal, which stopped me in my tracks.  It was a brand new display and only a handful of shades were available.  One shade that caught my eye was "Rose Taffeta 174".  It is a creamy medium-rose shade with cool undertones.  I took a chance on purchasing it because I did not know anything about this new lip color.  

After reading about it online later that day, I discovered that this is a new formula from L'Oreal called "Caresse".  It's a creamier lip color and it really reminds me a lot of the Clarins Rouge Prodige and YSL's Rouge Volupte's!  I went to my makeup case for my Clarins, and compared them side-by-side, and guess what?  They not only look strikingly similar, they smell the same too!  The packaging looks almost identical (see pic below).

There is a lot of confusion surrounding this new lippy, because it was previously launched in Europe and I think they probably rushed it for the American market, because there is no distinct "labeling" for this lipstick.  It just says "Colour Riche" on the label.  Aside from the gold packaging, there is nothing else to distinguish it from the other formulas.  FYI:  The European version has totally different packaging.  It is packaged in the "clear" tubes.  Remember the Le Rouge clear packaging?  It's kinda confusing, but oh well.

UPDATE 6/25/12:  As of this date, L'Oreal Paris "officially" has this new lippie on their site and it's official name is "Colour Caresse by Colour Riche".....Wow!  That is a long one!  So, that should clear-up the confusion and we now know what to call this, LOL.  I guess it's part of the Colour Riche family now :)

I have to say though, the packaging looks very "upscale" for a drugstore brand.  Reminds me a lot of the Clarins packaging.  Also, if you remember how L'Oreal's packaging looked back in the 1990's; this reminds me a lot of an older formula they used to make.

The Colour Riche "Caress" lip color feels quite nice and is very smooth and moisturizing.  After about four hours, I still had even color on my lips.  On the down side, the color did not do much for me because it looks like some of the lippy's I already own.  Maybe I will try another shade, when they are available.  

I would say it's a good investment, for a drugstore brand.  Colour Caresse comes in 16 shades (if you can find them).

LEFT:  L'Oreal Colour Riche "Caress" Lip Color "Rose Taffeta"--RIGHT: Clarins Rouge Prodige "Lilac Pink" (shown side-by-side for comparison...I think the packaging and lipstick bullet look similar; don't you?
L'Oreal Colour Riche "Caress" Lip Color "Rose Taffeta 174"--Just applied; feels really creamy and has good color pay-off.
L'Oreal Colour Riche "Caress" Lip Color "Rose Taffeta 174"--The color "dries-down" after 3-hours or so, leaving a nice stain on your lips.  My lips still felt moisturized at this point.

L'Oreal Colour Riche "Caress" Lip Color "Rose Taffeta 174"
L'Oreal Colour Riche "Caress" Lip Color "Rose Taffeta 174"

Comments

Popular Posts