War Of The Roses: "Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick "Rosedew" & "Blushed"; NYX Lipstick "Rose Bud"; Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipstick "Rose Aurora" and YSL Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre Lip Color "Rose Boreale"

Whoa!  That title sure was a mouth-full......

Lately, I have been on this rosy lipstick kick.  I really dunno why.  Maybe it is 'cause I'm getting older and experimenting with new shades.  I seem to be drawn to a lot of rosy shades.  

When I was younger, I loved to wear pinks and purples.  Then, as I got into my mid-twenties and early-thirties, I started to wear deeper shades like burgundies and browns.  I guess that was the trend back in the 90's.  Do you remember those years?  

Now, that I am in my forties (sigh...big sigh), I am loving shades that are softer, like roses, soft plums and soft peachy nude tones.  

Every once in a while, I will buy a new tube of Revlon's Super Lustrous lippies.  I don't think you can go wrong with this lipstick; they are very creamy and moisturizing and come in a wonderful array of colors, not to mention a great value as well.  You can always find a Revlon sale going on somewhere.

I was thinking... I still may have a tube of "Smoky Rose", which is a beautiful warm rose with frost that I purchased a couple of years ago.  

Ulta is having a bogo this month, so I decided to take advantage of this great sale and try some new shades in the rose family.

I selected Revlon's Super Lustrous lipstick in "Rosedew" and "Blushed".  I wore "Rosedew" yesterday and I really like this shade.  It's a wonderful color for the summer; it's a pinky-coral shade with some shimmer in it, although very subtle.  Very pretty.  "Blushed" is a soft neutral rose that I think I will enjoy very much also.  

The other new lipstick I got was NYX lipstick in "Rose Bud".  I have only purchased one other shade in the past which is called "Iris".  "Rose Bud" is a very pretty light rosy-pink-mauve with frost.

In previous posts, I did a review on the Elizabeth Arden's new "Rose Aurora" shade for Spring/Summer 2012, so I decided to throw this one in as well since I was doing a review on rose lippies.

Also, I threw in another lippie that I already had, which is my beloved YSL Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre in "Rose Boreale"......love this shade!  

Okay...here they are:

L to R:  Elizabeth Arden "Rose Aurora", Revlon "Rosedew" & "Blushed", NYX "Rose Bud"

L to R:  Elizabeth Arden "Rose Aurora", Revlon "Rosedew" & "Blushed", NYX "Rose Bud" (close-up w/flash)

L to R:  Elizabeth Arden "Rose Aurora" & YSL "Rose Boreale"....These two shades look quite similar, yet they are very different in terms of the feel and finish.  EA "Rose Aurora" is more sheer and creamy and not as pigmented, while the YSL "Rose Boreale" is also sheer, yet a bit warm-toned and longer-lasting.




Comments

Popular Posts