Mary Kay Creme Lipstick: "Sweet Nectar" & "Frosted Rose"

It has been many years since I have purchased any Mary Kay products.  Once in a while I would take a peek at their website to see what is new and exciting.  I finally decided to buy a couple of lippies, and went with "Sweet Nectar" and "Frosted Rose".  They both looked like very lovely shades that would work well with my skintone.

I would say that "Sweet Nectar" is a soft, pink-apricot shade.  I really like this one and I think it is one of their popular shades.  The "Frosted Rose" I thought would be more of a medium-warm-rose shade, but it actually looks more like a frosted mauve, which is fine.  Although both of these shades are "frosts", they are very subtle frost formula's--no shimmer at all, and does not look cake-y.  This formula just glides over the lips.

First of all...the packaging is very nice!  The tube itself has a very sleek design that slightly curves.  The lipstick bullet is the perfect shape for applying lipstick.  There is a very subtle scent, but nothing too obvious.  This lipstick is very creamy and my lips felt moisturized for hours.  

I would say these lipsticks are very reasonably priced, and cost about the same when compared to MAC lippies. 

I would say that Mary Kay lipsticks are worth a try.  They have a wide-selection of colors to suit your skintone and mood of the day.

L to R: Mary Kay Creme Lipstick: "Frosted Rose" & "Sweet Nectar" (frost)

L to R: Mary Kay Creme Lipstick: "Frosted Rose" & "Sweet Nectar" (frost)--close-up/no flash

L to R: Mary Kay Creme Lipstick: "Frosted Rose" & "Sweet Nectar" (frost)--close-up/with flash

L to R: Mary Kay Creme Lipstick: "Frosted Rose" & "Sweet Nectar" (frost)--with flash

Mary Kay Creme Lipstick "Frosted Rose" (frost)-- I thought this shade would be more of a neutral rose color.  However, it has more of a "plummy-mauve" tone.
Mary Kay Creme Lipstick "Frosted Rose" (frost)
Mary Kay Creme Lipstick
Me, wearing Mary Kay Creme Lipstick in "Sweet Nectar"

Comments

Popular Posts