Mary Kay Creme Lipstick: "Sweet Nectar" & "Frosted Rose"

It has been many years since I have purchased any Mary Kay products.  Once in a while I would take a peek at their website to see what is new and exciting.  I finally decided to buy a couple of lippies, and went with "Sweet Nectar" and "Frosted Rose".  They both looked like very lovely shades that would work well with my skintone.

I would say that "Sweet Nectar" is a soft, pink-apricot shade.  I really like this one and I think it is one of their popular shades.  The "Frosted Rose" I thought would be more of a medium-warm-rose shade, but it actually looks more like a frosted mauve, which is fine.  Although both of these shades are "frosts", they are very subtle frost formula's--no shimmer at all, and does not look cake-y.  This formula just glides over the lips.

First of all...the packaging is very nice!  The tube itself has a very sleek design that slightly curves.  The lipstick bullet is the perfect shape for applying lipstick.  There is a very subtle scent, but nothing too obvious.  This lipstick is very creamy and my lips felt moisturized for hours.  

I would say these lipsticks are very reasonably priced, and cost about the same when compared to MAC lippies. 

I would say that Mary Kay lipsticks are worth a try.  They have a wide-selection of colors to suit your skintone and mood of the day.

L to R: Mary Kay Creme Lipstick: "Frosted Rose" & "Sweet Nectar" (frost)

L to R: Mary Kay Creme Lipstick: "Frosted Rose" & "Sweet Nectar" (frost)--close-up/no flash

L to R: Mary Kay Creme Lipstick: "Frosted Rose" & "Sweet Nectar" (frost)--close-up/with flash

L to R: Mary Kay Creme Lipstick: "Frosted Rose" & "Sweet Nectar" (frost)--with flash

Mary Kay Creme Lipstick "Frosted Rose" (frost)-- I thought this shade would be more of a neutral rose color.  However, it has more of a "plummy-mauve" tone.
Mary Kay Creme Lipstick "Frosted Rose" (frost)
Mary Kay Creme Lipstick
Me, wearing Mary Kay Creme Lipstick in "Sweet Nectar"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Lip Liners, Pink, Tawny & Tearose

BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme & Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation in "Noisette"