My Make Up Essentials

These are my "make up essentials" that I have been currently using.  These are my every day go-to face products, including brushes that I use.  I left out eye make-up, since that changes on a daily and/or weekly basis.

I must tell you that Sonia Kashuk brushes are fabulous!  Her line is sold exclusively at Target stores.  One day, I happened to be shopping at one of those home good stores that sells overstock and discontinued items and came across this Sonia Kashuk Make-Up brush set.  It was a real bargain, so I could not pass these up!  These brushes are wonderful; I have been using them steadily for the past 3 or 4 years and I have never had any problems with any of these brushes!  They are fantastic quality!

I also happen to love Crown Brushes; they make really good quality brushes that are of professional grade AND affordable!  I can't see myself spending $30+ for a single brush.  The badger brushes are excellent.

Everyday Minerals makes some fantastic brushes that are very affordable also!  I love their "eco-friendly" bamboo brushes.  I have the large mineral powder brush and it works great with applying my LM pressed mineral powder. 

E.L.F. makes some really nice brushes too that are very affordable.  You can pick these up at most Target or discount/drugstores.  I got the Eye Brow Brush for like only $2.00 and own several other E.L.F. brushes which are great.

I can't be without my Senna Cosmetics "Sketch-A-Brow" Eye Brow Pencil....love this product.  My eye brow's have become so sparse with age and over-tweezing when I was young (yeah, we made fun of Brooke Shields bushy brows back during "Blue Lagoon" and her "Calvins" ads, but look how gorgeous they are now).  Senna's "Sketch-A-Brow" gives me a well-defined brow in a matter of seconds and it does not budge all day!

I did a review very early on when I started my blog on the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder (compact & loose); I just love this mineral powder--it is the best!  I have tried dozens of mineral powder foundations and LM is my staple!

I've been loving my MAC Mineralize Blush ever since I purchased it last year (Summer 2011 collection).  It's just a beautiful soft coral--not orangey at all; and it applies so beautifully--me lovey! 

Bobbi Brown's Illuminating Bronzing Powder is excellent; it gives such a nice glow and "Bali Brown 5" has some shimmer, but in no way is it "glittery".  I am very pleased with this product as well.

Laura Mercier's Mineral Finishing Powder "sets" my make-up and helps to keep down the shine; excellent product.

Love my NARS concealer.  I used this product several years ago and recently re-discovered it again due to it's new packaging.  This is one of the best concealers you will find!  I use it under my eyes only.  It's very velvety-smooth and so easy to blend!  There is nothing more frustrating when you have to keep blending your concealer, LOL.

I love all of these products.  I can't be without any of them...Do you have any "staple" products that you enjoy using? 

Perhaps you use similar products in your daily make-up routine.  I'd like to know! 

L to R: Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush; Sonia Kashuk Blush Brush; Crown Brush Flat-Top "Badger" Bronzer Brush; Everyday Minerals Powder Brush; Laura Mercier Mineral Powder (compact) in "Classic Beige"; Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer in "Bali Brown 5"; Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder; Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara; MAC Mineralize Blush in "Warmth of Coral"; NARS Concealer in "Custard"; Senna Cosmetics Sketch-A-Brow Eye Brow Pencil in "Mink"; and E.L.F. Eye Brow Groomer brush/spoolie


Comments

Popular Posts